Monday, February 4, 2008

BSM or FSM, you choose.....

Never leave scissors on the bathroom counter!!!!

Not so much Best Shot Monday, as Funny Shot Monday, or maybe I should say Cute Shot Monday. Earlier in the evening Violet said she wanted her bangs cut. So I got out my haircutting scissors, which are kept away in my bathroom normally. Violet changed her mind, but I left the scissors out on the bathroom counter in the kids bathroom. You know when you have that small thought about something you should do, but you perhaps leave it off for a little while? I had a short, quick thought, I should put these away right away, but for some reason, I really don't remember, if I was distracted by something or what, but I didn't.........

Flash forward about an hour. I'm home with Olivia, Dan is out with Violet for a father/daughter date night, I'm reading some blogs. Olivia goes to the bathroom. I peek at her occassionally, from over my shoulder from where I'm sitting, and nothing seems amiss.

I hear water, I figure she's just having some water fun, which she does frequently. A moment later, she comes up to me with a huge smile on her face and "mommy, do you like my hair?"

Admiring her haircut

Deep breath..........then I smile and say "aw, honey, it looks great!" She was so proud of herself, how could I be upset. I admired it, then went and inspected the bathroom. As you can see in the first photo, she cut quite a bit. But, as she said, she couldn't reach the back. When I asked why she cut it, it's because she wants to look like a boy. I told her maybe we could go to the hair salon and have them straigthen out the back for her for those places she couldn't reach ; ) She thought that was a good idea. It was a lot more drastic than last time. She cut a few of her bangs really short and one side is pretty short, so we'll have to find a creative style for her.

It's funny how she equates doing the things that she loves to do as making her want to be a boy. Perhaps she needs more role models of women doing the "boy" kind of things. She goes back and forth sometimes acknowledging that she's a girl and other times "I'm a boy, today". It's a shame that the commercials on tv and in advertising always show boys playing with legos, or cars, or superheros. Girls love them too! It can be a bit confusing for a 4 year old girl.......



Funny thing she said the other day. She had mentioned being a boy, and I asked her, "why is it that you would like to be a boy?" She said, "because sometimes I fart!"

LOL Apparently, only boys fart.........



For more BSM go to Mother May I.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...