Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Map of Your Heart - Wrapped Emotions

collage
Yeah! Melody is back with more Wrapped Emotions! This week we are looking at a Map of our heart through creating a collage of images that speak to our hearts. Look here for more details. Be sure to sign her Mr Linky if you decide to join.

I really like her opening quote:
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to keep your soul alive. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

For so long, I have gone with what tradition & society tells us to do. It's taken me many years to think outside the box, and to think for myself. I have made major changes in my thoughts and attitudes about things. I've allowed myself to be more free thinking, more open minded, less judgemental. I've become more creative, I get creative more frequently, especially with my girls and more importantly with myself.

I created my collage in the morning instead of what was suggested because that is the time of day when I am alone and am able to reflect and create in solitude and silence. I opened up the shades, let the sun shine in, made a cup of coffee and sat and went through some magazines that I had. I had several San Diego Home and Garden magazines, some National Geographics and some Zoo Nooz! The images that spoke to me mostly were those taken outdoors in tranquil garden settings. Beautifully painted wooden doors with iron works within them, ornamental gardens with asian statues and fountains. I loved the way they made me feel, taking me to a quiet spot where I could close my eyes and feel the sun warming my face, the sound of water trinkling, birds chattering. Much like my own little garden in the springtime.

My collage takes me to those places, thus a "map" of my heart. I hope your map was able to take you somewhere equally as beautiful and tranquil.
Wrapped Emotions button
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...