Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oliver

Oliver

Look at that face! Who wouldn't fall in love with him? We all did. We met little Oliver, a 2 year old chihuahua, formerly known as Houdini at our Unschooler's Park day about a month ago. Our new friends Cheryl and Natalie from the L.A. area came down to visit our group and brought Oliver with them. She had found him and was trying to find a home for him or he would be going to the no kill shelter up by them (once they could get him in, there are waiting lists to get animals in due to the high number of animals being given up in these hard times). Once I saw him I immediately knew Violet would fall in love.....and was not mistaken. We didn't take him right away because he has a leg that is either broken and was never fixed or a birth defect. Cheryl was checking with the Shelter's veternarian to see if they could get it fixed. Alas, we find it is going to cost $3000 and the Shelter cannot afford it. So, I told Cheryl we would take him and give him a loving home. He seems to get around fine with it, and in fact chases the wild cats out back at a speed of lightning! I completely fell in love with him one day shortly after bringing him home when he was cuddled up next to me on the recliner and looked up at me and rubbed his head against me, almost like a cat would, and looked at me with those big brown chihuahua eyes.....ahhhh, almost felt like I had a new baby. Anyway, we all love him very much and are grateful that he is in our lives. Both the girls have wanted a little dog and he gets along well with our other cats and Bone, our 14 year old Golden Retriever. I'm not sure if it's possible to raise the $3000 or whether the surgery is absolutely necessary. We will be taking him to our vet (he needs to be neutered and get all his shots and licensing) soon, so I will ask their opinion. You may see him at park days, and sure to meet him if you come over (our local friends and family).

Here's Violet the first day we picked him up in Oceanside:
Violet & Oliver

You're sure to fall in love with him too!!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...